I have done a lot of experimenting with aftercare, and I have come to find a great solution to everyone's needs. Everyone's tattoos heal differently and I have found these work with every style of tattooing.
Now that your tattoo is finished, it's your responsibility to take the best care possible!
* Remove the bandage the next morning after the procedure.
* Wash thoroughly until ALL plasma residue has been cleaned. Wash min. 4 times or until shine has disappeared.
* Damp/Pat completely dry.
* Use Aquaphor, or Curel Ultra Healing (for oily skinned people) for the best results. Keep thin, and rub it in. Leave no excess. A little bit goes a long way. Another great alternative to Aquaphor, that is not only all natural, but Vegan Friendly is Hustle Butter Deluxe. Which you can purchase at our studio.
* DO NOT rewrap!
* Wash/Dry/Apply 3-5 times a day.
* If you happen to wake up in the middle of the night, go ahead and clean your tattoo. Then apply Aquaphor, Curel Ultra Healing, or HBD. This will give your tattoo an extra healing edge.
* Stay out of the sun. Tanning and burning of the skin will alter the pigments and slowly destroy the skin and tattoo. Use sunblock to maintain the quality of your tattoos so they look amazing FOREVER!
*Contact your artist for further questions and concerns!